Saturday, December 28, 2013

Detritus of years in a car

Anyone who knows me knows that there is no love lost between me and that Hyundai Elantra I've been driving since my van pooped out three and a half years ago. So selling it is not a bittersweet thing for me.

Someone is coming to test-drive it tomorrow, and we already have a couple of bids on it, so I just put everything personal into a bag to sift through, and I thought you might enjoy the inventory:

Orange/white swirl bouncy ball
Completely blank Harry Potter journal
My favorite winter hat! Yea!
My old coupon organizer (full of expired coupons; trash)
A super old DC to AC power inverter that my brother-in-law gave me (going in the van)
Emergency blanket-in-a-bag my Grandma Hannah made (going in the van)
Beanbag pillow from my back issues (retired)
Krispy Kreme paper hat
Lots of green twist-ties
RVOS sun shade
Golf ball
Band-Aids (going in the van)
Cat harness and lead (practically unused; for small dogs but even our skinny cat can't fit into it)
Aleve (going in the van)
Ancient Craisins, unopened (going in the van, even though they were best by 10/12)
Mega Mad Libs (going in the van)
Great Songs of the Church hymnal (??)
So. much. ketchup.
Googly eyes
Emergency socks (unexpected skating or bowling, going in van)
A conspiracy CD someone in Tulsa gave us a year and a half ago
Tissues
A Logan's Roadhouse mini-bucket from a dessert Daphne got 7 years ago
Acupuncture needle the practitioner had accidentally left in my head
Dr. Kracker Apple Oat Crunch Culinary Crisps (stale, going in the van, because in an emergency, you'll eat it and like it)
Emergency bottle with batteries (likely dead), poncho, waterproof matches, twine, flashlight, etc.

What's in your automobile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!