Sunday, June 5, 2016

A final word on the "no poo" experiment...

Since my last post, I've been using the Kevin Murphy angel.wash and angel.rinse. I love them! First, there are no "lathering" agents in them, so my hair doesn't get hugely sudsy. But, goodness, it's light and CLEAN!

I've realized that my hair didn't fall out when I "washed" it and was using only water, though I didn't notice it at the time. Maybe that's because it all just glopped together and none was able to escape? The first time I used shampoo in six weeks, it was very noticeable. It's not excessive; it just made me note that I hadn't had hair fall out during the experiment.

Fortunately, I think that, if nothing else, the "experiment" kind of got my scalp out of the over-production of sebum. I went one week between washes the first time I used the shampoo. Now that it's getting hotter and so muggy, I'm washing it every three days or so, but I recently washed it the second day after I'd sanded some furniture and felt disgusting.

Perhaps most interesting is this: My husband, when I first told him what I was planning to do, immediately stopped using shampoo. It took me about a week to gather the supplies I needed, but he just went cold turkey. He has a very dry scalp and typically used dandruff shampoo.

His hair has thrived on the water-washing regimen. He washes it every two to four days, and it did go through an oily time at the beginning. But now, man, it looks (and smells!) great. He said his scalp itches less, too. I'm glad it worked out for him, so I'm glad I decided to try it.


Actually, it benefited both of us, as I'm really loving the feel of my hair with this shampoo I'd not have tried if I hadn't been doing so much research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!