Thursday, September 1, 2016

Two kids, two stories

A couple of things I wanted to note for posterity's sake:

1) This morning, Mal was in the living room watching a video while I was tidying up his room. He'd been in there with me, but decided he wanted to sit in his awesome recliner, I guess. Anyway, at some point, he ran into his room, ran up to me, and just hugged me. Put his legs around me, sitting on my lap in the floor, and gave me a big hug. Did not try to nurse. Just hugged. Then he got up and went back in to watch the rest of his video. <3 <3 <3 That was a first!

2) A couple of nights ago, after Mal and James were asleep, I decided to go show D my new tablet. I lightly knocked on her door, then opened it. The light was on, so I was saying something about why I was there when I realized she was asleep. Her eyes opened a bit to look up at me, and I asked, "Do you want me to turn off your light?" This is the conversation that followed as I gathered up some trash and dishes:
"What?"
"Do you want me to turn out your light?"
"I don't understand what you're asking."
"Your light" (pointing up) "is on. Would you like for me to turn it off?"
*general look of confusion* "I still don't..."

I decided she was asleep and hit the light on my way out. As I shut the door, I heard, "No, thanks, Mom, you can just leave it off. Thank you for asking."

Gosh, I love these two kids!

D at the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, and Mal at Chick-fil-A.
Pretty much the same age, 23ish months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!