Monday, September 17, 2018

Yawn. Good (last) morning!

I have to wake James up in 10 minutes, but thought I'd pop in here to say that we're on our way back home in a few hours!

To catch quickly up on the past few days: Friday, we went to Hollywood Studios. Because of my legs giving me issues and how much we have loved the resort, I had pushed everything back to as late as I could. Consequently, we got into the park, had some fun photo shoot activities, watched Muppets 3D (which Mal loved, and also I wasn't sure where my backpack was so I was a little distracted, but I still enjoyed it and my backpack was just in the stroller), started to check out Toy Story Land but decided it was too hot with zero shade, so spent the rest of the time before lunch in "One Man's Dream."



We ate lunch at the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater, and it was so much fun. Then James and I rode Star Tours. Although we knew Mal wouldn't be up to it, we walked him through the line so he could see C3PO and R2D2. He really wanted to meet them, like a character interaction, and was disappointed that he didn't get to do that. BUT he met BB8 later in the day, so that helped.

Okay, we did the "First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along," and I have to tell you: It lives up to the hype. Such a fun show, and the adults in our party might have teared up at the very end (and I knew what was coming). Highly recommend. Our historians were brilliant.

"He's got the whole Aria in his hand..."
We had FastPasses for Slinky Dog Dash at 6:50, and did rider swap for that. Then it was time to check in to the Star Wars dessert party. It was super neat, and Mal got to interact with some Storm Troopers, in addition to our meeting Kylo Ren, Chewbacca (a special treat for James), and BB8. I was dealing with the fact that our A/C was out at home, an apparent thermostat problem that ended up not being a thermostat problem after all, but fortunately our expert house-sitter and my parents got things taken care of on the ground so that by the fireworks, I was dialed back in to the vacation.



Mal would have talked to BB8 all night, seriously.

Chim-chim-i-ny



Okay, that's all you get. Time to pack up and hit the road. Then the air. Then the road again. Grocery delivery this afternoon, and I have to tell you: I love the future. Safe sitting around and sleeping while we travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!