Saturday, February 15, 2020

Educational Development

Lately, Mal has been reading (or attempting to read) everything in sight. He asks how to spell words, and he asks what things say if he can't figure it out on his own.

When I was in the restroom at Urban Air, he stayed outside to wait for me. "What does, 'Get up! Get fly!' mean?" he asked about a banner when I rejoined him.

In our bathroom at home recently, he pointed to the hand soap and said, "That's the name of the princess in Mario!" The soap said "Life is a PEACH."

The other day, he was playing with his write-on/erasable "workbook" and there was a list of about 15 three-letter words at the bottom. One by one, I pointed toward them and he read all of them. When he was done, I got my camera out and asked, "Can you do that again so I can get a video to show Grandma?" He started, "Eeep, ep, blorp, ahct," etc. So I guess not.

Sometimes, he sees letters that aren't there or gets things a bit wrong in a very cute way. We ate at Blanco BBQ yesterday, and he looked on the cup and asked, "What does buh-KWAH mean?" So we have to call barbecue "buquoi" now.

Anyway, he's trying. That's pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!