Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Trip to the Mall

The nearest mall to our house is Barton Square Mall. I don't think the mall itself is actually square, as it seems to have many jutting-out points. The name must mean something else. 

Due in no part to this confusion, but due mostly for my disdain of retail and the fact that I am not a fan of crowds, either, I typically avoid the mall. There is a bright spot: The Godiva kiosk. I am a member of their fancy club and therefore get one free truffle a month. But even this isn't enough to bring me to the mall on that regular a basis. In fact, the last chocolate I claimed was in the month of August, when I also got $10 of free stuff because it was my birthday.

But tonight, we went to the mall! There was a special reason: A fund-raiser called CANstruction. Local clubs, businesses, and groups get sponsors to donate (or donate themselves) cans of food which they first use to build something and then donate to a local food bank.

So, without further ado, here are the entries. The judging had been completed when we went, but I don't know that they'd awarded anything. It was neat to see all of them, anyway...

St. Basil's Cathedral!

A tie-dyed shirt.

A TIE Fighter and R2D2.

From the back.

R2Dtail

Bulldozer "leveling out" hunger.

A horse.

Neat detailing on the main and reigns.

Texas armadillo!

Hunger Busters. This one is really good, even though it looks simple. 3D, clean lines. Pretty amazing.

That's no moon!

Pooh Bear with a "hunny" pot stuck on his head.

I guess he's sleepy?

Ursula from "The Little Mermaid."

A whale of a tale? No. The tail of a whale.
James noticed that most of the creations had approximately 1500 cans. Now all of those will be donated and used locally. Pretty cool all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!