Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Now (not) showing!

As happened with Daphne, I am down from my initial pre-pregnancy weight. Just a few pounds, not the fifteen I lost with her, but still not showing. I noticed yesterday that the flesh below my natural waist doesn't have as much "give" as it used to (meaning fun imprints from some trouser hooks and snaps), but the avocado-sized baby and its luggage just isn't enough to be pooching me out in any noticeable way yet.

Last night, I walked into my BSF discussion group a little bit late (it was fellowship night, which starts at 6:15, but the kids' classes aren't available until 6:40, so...) and my discussion leader said, "Wow! Look at you!" I looked at her questioningly, and she continued, "All of this time, nothing, and now... baby!"

Um. Memo to me: as soon as the pregnancy is over, throw out this empire-waist shirt. Seriously. It's all clothes and posture right now, because I still don't "look" pregnant. Except, of course, that my natural glow is amplified.

But, yeah, the shirt, post-maternity, is garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!