Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 4th and Seven Month Check-Up

It's been a great week for Team Dave's!

Last week, James got off work early on Thursday, and we drove up to McKinney. Actually, the driving part from Austin through Waco pretty much blew sewage, but my dad's tip to take the Dallas North Tollway instead of going through downtown to get to 75 was like magic.

We got to have dinner with my parents and socialize briefly before we dragged our exhausted booties to bed lamely early (except for Daphne, whom I reminded at some point when I woke up during the night to go to sleep).

Friday morning, we got up, had a leisurely breakfast, got D up, and headed north again. We got into Gore at about 1:00 PM, and got to spend all afternoon and evening with James' dad's family. It was the third year for James and me to go, and Daphne's second year.

After last year, James wanted to save up to take a haul of fireworks, so we did... and Daphne had a lot more fun this time. She really got along with James' cousin's daughter Gabby, and later D told me, "I'm 40% less scared of fire than I was before."

James has a very cool family, and I love that we already have a tradition to look forward to every year (even though driving that distance isn't anyone's favorite).





Good grief... next summer is our 25-year high school reunion! It'd be neat if we could double up on that. Gore is only about 40 miles from Fort Smith.

Our trip home Saturday was less traumatic, traffic-wise than the trip up. Also, we stopped in Sherman and got to have a great lunch with friends. One of Daphne's best friends, Kylie, and her parents, brother, and sister met us. So did Moses, Lisa, for whom I used to work, and their daughter. My theater sister, Sherri, my theater horrible in-law (but real-life pretty amazing person), Marty, and my theater "Jewish" sister-in-law, Susan, all showed up. Church friends Jill (and one of her three sweet girls) and Heather (and her daughter, Caroline, who was in gym with Daphne) rounded out our group, and I think Italian Affair should have given us a group discount. It was very cool to see everyone!

My family is the best, and traveling with them is awesome, even if the trip is long and tedious. I really want a private helicopter than I can fly from our back yard.

James hit the ground running with work, I have been domestically pretty busy this week, but Daphne has been able to ease back into school (yeah, we do school year-round, because I can't take endless days of leisure).

This morning, I had two mystery shops early, so I got a free dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts and a free Jiffy Lube oil change, then got home just in time to get to my midwife appointment. James got to go with me, even though he left about halfway through to be at a meeting at his office. He got to hear the heartbeat, and we talked over some stuff we were wondering about with the midwife.

She and the intern both tried to tell, just by touch, how the baby is lying, but they couldn't get a handle on it. So, we did a sonogram and found out Rooby is head-down, so that's a relief. I'm glad to use up the 10-pack of chiropractic adjustments I bought, though! Glad I don't have to double up to do the Webster thing.

Oh! Last night, or really early this morning, probably, James woke up and had put his arm across my "waist" (or where it used to be). After a few minutes, I'd gone back to sleep but was awakened when James said, "I don't know how you can sleep through that!" Yeah, I guess the baby is pretty active. But I'm used to it. I'm sleeping VERY well, thankyouverymuch. But apparently it's keeping James awake.

Anyway, the rest of the midwife's appointment was fine. I'd gained about 10 pounds my first trimester, and then I gained 10 pounds in something like 3 weeks! But in since May 24, I've only gained 2 pounds. I guess my blood volume increased A LOT there for a while, and I was having problems with swelling, too. It was really creepy. That's a lot better now. BUT I put on like 15 pounds the last 3 weeks I was pregnant with Daphne (and lost them within several days of giving birth, so it was all fluid... and it was uncomfortable as heck)... I'm hoping to avoid that this time! Still no stretch marks or anything (another thing I avoided until that last couple of weeks with D). I'm feeling great. My blood pressure was 90/68! I just need to get to the pool again soon!

I'm trying to talk Daphne into going with me to the 4th Annual 6th Street and Trinity Splash Mob, but she doesn't seem convinced. Well, I might just ride my bike down there by myself and do it, anyway! Yes, James would totally be into it... but his work is crazy right now, so he doesn't have much down time, even on the weekends. That's one reason I loved this weekend so much. Hanging out with that guy is one of my favorite things.

That's all of the news that's fit to print for now. 32 weeks as of tomorrow. In no hurry. I'm loving my sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!