Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mal's just teething

Today, Mal's been wanting to nurse ALL THE TIME, getting fussier quicker than usual, and is on his fourth mini-nap (20ish minutes) of the day. I think he's both teething AND going through a growth spurt.

Beyond that, he's so precious and good-natured. I think he's about outgrown the colic, and boy are we relieved!

He still loves to be held, especially when he's sleeping. When I put him down, he usually wakes up pretty immediately. He is sleeping in his crib the first sleep of the evening, but whereas that used to last between half an hour to three hours, he's waking up within 5-15 minutes at this point. I'm not sure how to "fix" that other than to keep at it, because he isn't able to self-soothe, and so I am usually tired enough that I just pull him into bed with me. And, as usual, we're able to sleep through the night with a couple/few feedings, during which I'm mostly groggy if awake at all, so I still consider that a win.

Oh, Saturday night, though, or Sunday morning, actually, he woke up at 3 AM very perky and pleasant. He smiled and talked to his dad for a few, and then went back to sleep when I pointedly nursed him.

The good thing is that Mal is getting more tolerant of being put down (not like "You're a baby!" but like "Go sit here.") when he's awake. I can get him to hang out in the kitchen in a "walker" for half an hour sometimes, so I can clean up and start dinner. He loves his jumper; I can't wait until we have a living room big enough so he can sit in it and hang out with us while we play games. I'm able to get a few more things done, and feel less overwhelmed by things, so that's nice!

(I started that other stuff yesterday and now it's Tuesday, and I have no idea where I was going, so I'm just going to post this while I have 2 seconds. :D )

(Aaand, now it's Wednesday. This is my life.)

"I don't love the cereal, but this spoon is FANTASTIC!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!