Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My morning/Mal's morning

So, here's what this looks like: I was sitting in Mal's floor, nursing him after having put some homeopathic teething stuff in his mouth but he was still crying. I heard the tower ring 10 o'clock. Mal nursed to sleep, and I got up to put him down, but of course, he woke up. I nursed him on the other side, and he fell asleep, so I put him down on the couch. He slept approximately 10 minutes and woke up fussy. He was crying. I patted his back, etc. but he would not be soothed. I picked him up finally, and he would not let me calm him except for... yes, nursing him. Even though he didn't eat. But he fell back to sleep, so I put him down. And he IMMEDIATELY woke up. This time, I was able to walk around with him and he fell back to sleep, so I put him down. He slept long enough for me to pour and half eat a bowl of cereal. Again, it's crying, flailing, not "self-soothing," so I picked him up. He was awake for a few, while I walked around, but I could tell he was still sleepy and needed rest, so I sat in the rocker and rocked him. He fell back to sleep. Now I've been holding him, propped on my left arm and sleeping on my shoulder, since 11:40. In effect, he's slept 2 hours now. But he will. not. sleep. alone. Just will not. And this is why I'm pretty tired and say wrong words a whole lot. And why my house isn't as clean as I'd like (which, whatever; it wasn't as clean as I'd like when I had all of the time in the world). Hopefully, it explains a lot of things. :)

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, my second born (yes, the one that just got married) was this way. I resigned myself to the fact that naptime was going to be on me in the rocker. I got a lot of reading done during those years. At least he is not throwing up on you daily! No, I don't mean spit-up I mean projectile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tru dat! And, actually, he hasn't done either! Whew!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!