Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Review: Pajama Jeans

No! I haven't given up. Stay with me for a minute, okay?

I've never understood why jeans are considered such awesome casual wear. I get that they're tough, so I can see them as work pants. But, dang, I don't think they're comfortable. I prefer slacks. No-iron slacks, of course.

So... I seriously wish I'd taken some screen shots, but I didn't a couple of months ago when Pajama Jeans showed up on Zulily. Their tagline is "Pajamas you live in, jeans you sleep in."

Well, I didn't plan to sleep in them because I have plenty of PJs, but I was curious as to whether they'd look like jeans and feel comfy, though. So I bought two pair, planning to feel smart if I hated them and kick myself if I loved them.

As it turns out, I love them. They're so thin and comfortable, but they don't look like leggings. As in: You can't see my underpants or my butt crack. They have 5-pocket detailing. But they don't have a zipper or buttons! Sounds weird, right?


The thing is, when they're on, you can't tell (unless you tuck your shirts in, maybe, and I don't).


I got this boot-cut pair of blue "jeans" and a skinny jean in faded black. The blue denim looked less believable as a pair of actual jeans when they were laid out...


Oh, and for the record, these "skinny" cut jeans don't look like leggings, either.


And here are the blue ones. But, once they're on, they look like... jeans.


You might have noticed the pink drawstrings. They keep the pants cinched tightly at the waist, and then the string tucks into the waist so you don't have a "pooch."


In the course of my day, I'm up and down a LOT. I carry, hold, and crawl around after a toddler. I clean house. A lot. I spend time in the floor. There's no binding or bunching. I can do the splits without splitting the pants. I can sit Indian-style without being sorry. Full range of motion. And if I happened to pass out at the end of the day, they are comfortable enough to sleep in.

Hoping that Zulily has them again soon. Until then, I'm going to go stalk the sales on their official site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!