Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A Follow-Up, both for posterity and for transparency

Dr. Mal is ready to see patients!
You can't tell, but in that picture up there, Mal is wearing freaking adorable toddler boxer briefs. Today? A diaper. And here's why...

The day I blogged all about the toileting adventures was actually his best bathroom day. It was like it was all new and fun for him, and the poop cracked him up.

However, after that, he didn't move his bowels in the toilet again. He waited until he had a diaper on when we were out (like at church or the store), or after I'd put one on right before bedtime. Or...

Yesterday, when I was doing yard work, Mal came outside naked and with a new bag of diapers. I asked him why he had them, but I knew. So I told him, "If you need to potty, you can go outside, okay?" A few minutes later, he peed and was so excited to get to spray it with the hose. He pretends he's a fireman and is putting out the fire. But then he looked down and said, "Yucky! Poop!" No worries; we can clean that up, too.

And then, after I took the above picture, in which he said he'd wear underwear because I told him most doctors wear underpants (he'd worn them willingly earlier, and did not want to put on a diaper at night... but, again, he just hates transitions). Well, then I went back outside to do some more mowing, and later, when I got in... Let's just say that I sprayed that adorable boxer brief across our back yard with the hose sprayer set to "jet."

I don't want him to become anal retentive. I don't want him holding it until bedtime. So I put a diaper back on him, and we'll just wait a bit longer. At least now I know he can and he will. I did notice that he seemed to have a better awareness and control of that than of "making water."

Anyway, he's feeling much better and I changed James's battery out this morning, so we were going to get out for a bit... but he's decided he'd rather stay home. We played most of the morning, and he's having a nap now. This means I'll be up until 11 or so, but he needed the rest. Aand, he's waking up. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!