Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Hanging with my brain

Do you ever play mind games with yourself? Not the kind where you wonder, "What if a fire breaks out, and one of my kids is trapped in the back in the back of the house alone?" I am talking about the fun, boredom-busting kind. Things you do to keep yourself occupied during an otherwise brain-numbing activity.

Today, I was refilling bird-feeders and doing some yard stuff and this one bit from "Pirates of the Caribbean" (the movie, not the theme park attraction) kept running through my head. Every time I hear that song, I'd guess it's from "The Amazing Race," but now I know it's actually PotC.

Anyhoo...

At first, I was just singing stuff, and imagined what it might be like to be in a free-styling competition. There's no way I could do it. But then I started challenging myself to sing a random first line, then see how quickly I could complete a somewhat coherent rhyming stanza, to the tune that was playing in my head, anyway.

This is what I came up with, all unrelated:

I do not want your jacket.
I don't think I could hack it.
I have a sugar packet
In my coat but you lack it.

I will never go skiing.
Hate it with all of my being.
Make me -- In fear I'll be peeing.
Yellow snow you'll be seeing.

Where is that kitten hiding?
He won't answer my chiding.
It will be so exciting.
But he doesn't like riding.

I do not like this bonnet.
I did not Amazon it.
My head's so hot, doggone it.
Fine. Fine! Put that thing on it.

I will sing this forever.
When will I stop it? Never.
I think I'm pretty clever.
You might not. Well, whatever.

See? That's just a tiny little peek into what the inside of my brain parts look like. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!