Thursday, May 23, 2019

Running and running and running, like a constipated wiener dog

Good news to start: After kind of sinking into a mild depression and getting really bogged down in that, I realized that I'd been doubling up on allergy medicines most days, trying to avoid asthma. While I understand I can't take more than one specific type of medicine per day, I hadn't really researched taking a couple of different ones. So I stopped. And after a couple of days, my regular energy came back, so that's fabulous.

Speaking of which, here's my week's goings-on, for your enjoyment. And this is basically a typical week, just so you get an idea of how this whole "unschool preschool" looks for us:

SUNDAY:
Mal and I went to church, then afterwards, I took him to a splash pad that's really close to the school where our church is held.


We came home and had lunch, then Mal really wanted to go to Jump Street... so I took him there.


MONDAY:
We stayed home until D had banjo practice at 3:30. Mal wanted to do pixel art, so we made a couple of characters from Teen Titans Go! (Mal's already broken one of them, plus The Flash emblem I made him several weeks ago). C'est la vie.


Mal is pretending with some stuff we keep on the table, since it takes a while to set up these puppies.

Starfire and Cyborg

While D was in class, Mal and I went to CVS to look for gummies. We found some fun stuff at the Claire's encap, too.


TUESDAY:
As soon as Mal got up and around, we drove to Temple. Hannah and Chance were there, and he and Mal had a good day. They played together, blocks and tinker toys, then we took the boys to Little Land.



We went back to Pappy and Nana's for a while, then Mal was ready to go to the water park. At first, he wasn't thrilled with getting wet, so he played on the playground.


Then he decided getting wet was okay, in limited doses.


He ended up back at the playground, though. Mercifully, it was shaded. It's already HOT in Texas.
This slide isn't in the shade. I was sitting in the shaded part.
WEDNESDAY:
Mal woke up and got ready for his day late enough that the first thing we did was go to McDonald's... for lunch. Nana and Pappy went with us, then we started back toward Jonestown.

On the way, we stopped at the Round Rock Outlet Mall, where Mal wanted to visit the Disney Store. But first, a visit to the also-shaded playground there.


We didn't find anything we *really* needed at the Disney Store, but we DID get some Cars, kind of, by going to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate shop, where we purchased a few chocolate cars that Mal played with in the food court before we drove the rest of the way home.


Mal asked me to take him somewhere Wednesday evening, but I was worn out! He could go forever.

THURSDAY:
Mal woke up at 10 AM, but was ready to go to the library just as story time was starting. Two of his friends, Alexei and Fox, were there (plus Alexei's little sister, Anya), then after the craft, we went to the lake to play for a bit with Fox.


As we left the park, Mal requested a visit to Target. I needed several things, in addition to the water balloons he wanted, so we went. We started off with a cheese pizza and apple juice (for him, soda for me), then shopped. I think HE got a bit worn out!


We came home and played with some of the water balloons, then played with play dough and cookie cutters.


Mal was rarin' to go to Lego time, but it was too early to drive over, so I asked if he wanted to walk to the library this time. He did, and GOOD GRACIOUS, it was 91 degrees and about 80% humidity. It was Orlando hot, friends. But it's GORGEOUS around here, so difficult to get too mad about it.


Mal was the only kid at Lego time except for the library director's sons. He had a good time. He was enjoying himself so much independently that I got to go browse the books for the second part of the hour. It was great!


Then we walked back home to get ready for dinner.


Fingers crossed, I would love to stay home tomorrow. But Mal might have different plans. We'll see soon... right now, he's requesting that we go to bed. He doesn't have to ask me twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!