Monday, August 4, 2014

Why Do People Keep Saying That I Need a Shower??

Over the past few months, I've had several people either ask if/when we're having a baby shower or offer to host one. That's so awesome, and I appreciate everyone's care and interest, but James and I decided early on that we're a mature, currently-financially-stable couple who can afford to buy our own baby stuff.

This is not to say that we haven't been hugely blessed by the generosity of others, because we have. There are so many things people have given us or offered to give us (that we had to turn down in the interest of space): clothes, blankets, a crib, books, toys, bath stuff, and even a breast pump!

At this point, we have pretty much everything that we need. But for you who have asked how you can help, here are a few more ideas:

1) If you're one of those people who really loves to make a beautiful diaper "cake," you could try your hand at making a toilet paper roll "cake." We have cloth diapers, and already bought a couple of packages of disposable for the first week or so, so we're set on that. But it feels like I'm running to CVS for toilet paper all of the time. We don't have a lot of room around here for storage, so if you wanted to make a showpiece out of TP, I could leave it out somewhere and that would save me a lot of time going to the store. We have the same issue with cat litter, but I'm not sure how bringing bags of that over would sate your crafty bent.



2) Find us a diaper genie. I don't mean the plastic canister system where you keep the dirties. I am talking a literal magic genie who will blink dirty diapers rinsed, washed, dried, hung in the sun to disinfect, and neatly folded back into piles for use immediately. Actually, the magic here is negotiable. As long as it gets done, I won't be too picky. But I'd prefer either a male genie or a matronly one, because my post-pregnancy hormones don't need the stress of a bikini-topped see-through-harem-pants-clad temptress floating around the house when James is home from work.

3) Back to the diaper cake: You could make or order a real cake to look like a fake diaper cake. Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I do love me some cake.



4) James' two cents: Bring liquor. Lots of it.

5) We know we have several friends who are dripping in cash, and if that's you, there's this great little house we're looking at near the Mueller development that you could buy for us. Also, we'd love for you to add on a second bathroom before we move in, and then arrange to have all of our stuff packed, moved, and unpacked. But we're not too concerned with the minutiae how all of this gets accomplished. If you want to do it, we'll leave all of the planning to you.

6) Follow this link and see if anything strikes your fancy.

This one is cake AND liquor, so it works for James AND for me!

Thanks to everyone who's been walking the past few months with us! We're nearing the finish line at last! (Ooh, now I want to go to Finland; I'll bet it's cooler there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!