Monday, September 22, 2014

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday... (I'm singing it in my head)

We had a pretty great day Saturday.

I had to take Daphne to her dad's in the morning, then came home to drop off some paperwork for a friend before I got back out to buy groceries. It rained, which unfortunately didn't cool anything off (again) but was nice while it lasted. Actually, it rained at the grocery store but not at the house.

I didn't really like the eMeals menu for the week, plus I'm feeling lazy and like I won't necessarily be in the mood to chop and plan and do full-out breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day from scratch scratch, so I bought a lot of stuff that lends itself to easy prep (more sandwich fixings than usual, steamable veggies already seasoned, etc.) and also some stuff like mini-bagel pizzas, which were on sale. It's been good that I've had a list in the past, because shopping like I did yesterday is like shopping with permanent PMS.

After groceries, James and I undertook one of the more interactive anecdotal methods to hasten labor. I'm not going to go into much detail about THIS, because it's wrong, but very immediately after, we had some "action." James was out in the hall and got to hear, from the other side of the closed restroom door, my reaction to the progress. It went a little something like this.




SO much wrongness. I was not aware of the passing of this particular bit of biological matter when I was expecting Daphne, and seriously could have lived happily the rest of my life without ever having seen it. But at least it's a step toward delivering, right?

James and I then walked to Arturo's for what was called brunch, but was actually lupper, as we finished up around 3. I'd gotten up pretty early and had eaten both breakfast and lunch on a schedule about 3-4 hours earlier than James, so I just had a cup of fruit but enjoyed hanging out with my man a great deal.

Daphne came home around 6 and we had a nice, quiet night together. I'd not napped so was in bed by 8. I'm taking advantage of all of the sleep I can get right now! I know it's for a limited time only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!