Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Mom and Mal Cruise -- Day 4 -- Roatan

This morning, we woke up off the coast of Roatan. I got breakfast for Mal and me from the International Cafe, and we ate in the room before packing up to get off of the ship for the first time in nearly 3 days.

We stopped by Nana and Pappy’s room to tell them we were going to take off as soon as we got the all clear. They were going to take their time and not go quite as far in as we were planning to go.


Mal and I walked through the little commercial port area, stopping to pick up sunglasses for him because I’d left his in the room. Then we made our way to the beach. It was gorgeous, and after a bit of stepping our toes into the ocean (Mal barely did that; he’s not a fan of inserting himself into natural bodies of water), we walked further down behind their private cabana area and found a slightly more deserted area.


When we walked out onto a dock that jutted off of the island, a gust of wind knocked my sun hat right off of my head and into the water! The same thing happened to my dad on a cruise years ago. Oh well. I’d also dropped my phone on the pier, so I’m lucky my hat was what went flying!


I tried to talk Mal into renting a giant water tricycle but, again, he doesn’t really like being in water, even in an open vehicle, it seems.


We walked up a nature trail and found some fun places to rest: A bench in the shade, a “porch” swing, and some hammocks. 


We’d been ashore a couple of hours and Mal was ready to swim, so we re-boarded the ship, stopped by Nana and Pappy’s room to tell them where we were going, and I got into the pool with Mal, as I’d promised him I would next time he swam.


We had the pool to ourselves for about an hour! I started getting pruny and got out to dry off a bit after Nana made her way on deck. We chatted for a while and watched Mal swim, then Pappy came up and and we decided to grab our various lunches and eat in the shade by the pool. It was still practically deserted.


My parents had burgers (I’ll get one tomorrow, probably; they looked great!), Mal had a couple of slices of pizza, and I went to the buffet and picked out a couple of things. The cream of pumpkin soup was fabulous!


After hanging out a bit, Nana and Pappy went down to the cafe to enjoy one of their premium desserts (they got the Princess Plus package whereas we did ours on the cheap), and we came up to the room. I got a shower and Mal’s been building stuff on Minecraft. Right now, he’s working on making houses and other buildings that look like instruments.


Our plan is to go to my parents’ room a bit before all-aboard to see if we can spot any dock-runners. I think we’ll run by the library on the way (or out of the way) to pick up Taboo and play for a bit before we go down to dinner. The library is right by our dining room, so turning it back in will be convenient.


(Later)

Taboo was checked out, but we made it up to Nana and Pappy’s to watch the stragglers board. It looked like there was a Princess tour that was late, because they got to the dock well after 4:30, the “all aboard!” time, and we waited for them. 


It was time for dinner, which was fabulous, as usual. Mal was so full of energy, though, that we decided he should swim again to burn off some steam. He and another girl played together for about 2 hours while I read and then walked around deck for a while after my rear end fell asleep. 


We were both in bed by 9:30 because we had an early call on Thursday morning!


Interested in photos? Click here for the full album!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!