Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Caught in the Act!

Last week, I got "caught" twice.

The first time was at Trader Joe's.

This song was on the PA system in the store.



I was looking at the fruit "Walked into a Bar" section, and it got to the part of the song that picks up. I spun around and looked at Mal, singing and dancing to, "You... tellin' me the things you're gonna do for me. I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see--" Then I heard, "Woo hoo!" I looked over and an employee who had been heading to the stockroom door had stopped and was yelling and applauding for me. When I looked at her, she said, "I love it when people dance when they're shopping, and I especially love it when they're dancing with a happy baby."

A couple of days later, as we were waiting in line to get free ice cream sandwiches at Moojo (highly recommend, even though you'll have to buy them now that they're officially open), and I was trying to keep a stroller-bound Mal amused (with copious help from his brousins Travis and Tian). I did a little jig thing, then turned around and wiggled my backside at him.

A man coming out of the store walked over, laughing, and asked Mal, "Are you just going to let her twerk at you like that?" Actually, I'm more than a little flattered that he recognized that as twerking, since I don't have that particular skill set, nor am I endowed with much by way of a bootay.

Uck. There was going to be more to this post, but I'm super tired. We're still mid-move, even though the hardest parts are actually done. I'll post more when I'm back to regular tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!