Saturday, February 2, 2019

Mal: Lying, and Brushing Teeth

While I was eating breakfast this morning, Laura headed outside to finish painting the House of Fowl Repute.

Mal spent the rest of my meal pestering me to play with him.

When I got done, I did. But then I decided that I just had to brush my teeth. Laura found a thing online that suggested combining old doughnuts and a waffle iron.

They tasted really good, but left a layer of charred sugar and fat everywhere in the vicinity. (She later despaired about getting the waffle iron clean enough to put back in the cabinet, and complained that the original suggestion hadn't come with a warning).

For that matter, it also hadn't warned about the smoke. In the end, I opened a window to try to help clear it out. Laura took it a step further and just carried the waffle iron outside. She noted later that there was a smear of "wax" on both our kitchen floor and the front porch.

But I digress.

I wound up with that same experience in my teeth.

So, after I'd played with Mal for about 15 minutes, I decided to brush them.

He told me that he thinks it's a terrible idea, because just saw me brushing them last night.

I don't think we're getting the proper message across here.

Later, they went to McDonald's.  He was too busy playing to eat. So they brought back his Happy Meal.

I checked after they got home, because I was starting to get hungry, and I was tempted to steal a fry or two.

I'm pretty sure he had four McNuggets, a yogurt, and some ketchup.

Later, Laura left us to buy some gravel for our future pigeons.

Mal and I played until he spotted some candy that I'd bought for him while I was at dinner.  He had me open that and settled down to watch videos while he munched on it.

Shortly after Laura got home, he started complaining that all his food had disappeared.

She pretty much immediately blamed the cats.

I found the yogurt tube right next to his Kindle and took it to the trash to see whether he'd left anything after he'd bitten through the seal (he hadn't...I was impressed).

Then he explained that his food had disappeared because he'd eaten it.

Laura admitted that he gets this directly from her.

Later, while he was bathing, he announced that he'd written a new song about juice.

It's actually pretty catchy. He claims that he came up with it while bouncing on a trampoline.

After about the 50th time he sang it, Laura confided that she *really* wants to encourage his creative side, but she'd also like to be able to carry on a conversation without him caterwauling in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!