Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guhh

Tomorrow afternoon, I have an appointment with a midwife whose birthing center is literally around the corner from us. She's going to check my hCG levels; she wants to take them once, then take them again 5 days later, but since I'm going out of the country on Saturday, that's not going to work. But she should be able to tell me from one visit that they're at an expected level or if they're low.

She said that she doesn't think I'm old (I had opened with saying I was old, and she said, "Or so the doctors will tell you," which is one reason I love midwifery), but that in her older moms, she sees my symptoms fairly regularly, and as long as I'm not cramping, she doesn't see any reason to be worried.

So I guess that's something.

If I end up having this kid, and he or she reads this, then I'm super sorry I counted you out early. Managing expectations when you don't know what you're doing is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!