Saturday, June 1, 2013

Not Feelin' It

It's been an awesome Saturday! Riding bikes with James was the highlight, even though it was 96 degrees and brutally sunny and humid.

I'm headed into what is medically the ninth week of my pregnancy, which is, in reality, my seventh week of actually being conceptualized, or whatever you want to call it that's not "knocked up," which makes Nana shudder.

What I'm doing today is trying to concentrate on Haiti, and the book I'm reading, and cooking and taking care of my family. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm not having any real pregnancy symptoms, other that being sleepy a lot. I'm trying to avoid self-talk that says, "Not being sick means your hormones aren't strong enough, which means your body isn't preparing well for the baby, which means something's wrong."

So I'm not thinking that. I'm just not wasting emotional energy on it.

Oh, but one other "symptom" is that I'm losing some weight (don't have a scale, but can tell in my clothes and face).

Something else: My back is getting better. I've had a really good day. I sat on the couch for more than an hour. This might not seem like a big deal to you normal people, but for me it's huge. So I'll think about that instead, and be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!