Thursday, April 24, 2014

5-month check-up

Today, I had my monthly check-up, which basically consists of taking some numbers, heart rate and blood pressure, and then measuring the baby and getting a heart rate on it. What I love about midwifery is that I was there about half an hour, all of which was office time (except for the bathroom time) and we chatted about a lot of things.

The baby has been pretty consistently active since April 8, and today was no different. Rooby would not be still, so Jayme was only able to get about four heartbeats in a row before she'd have to move the Doppler to try to find the baby again. In the end, she said it was just fine and she was going to go with a heart rate in the 140s. Also, the measurements looked spot on with my being 21 weeks today, which is where I am on paper; so it's nice that the growth appears to be on track.

As for me, I'm exercising as much as or even more than normal. I'm not feeling the net four pounds I've gained - I lost some weight at the beginning, but since I started showing have felt like I really ballooned and was a bit surprised that number was so low. Everything's just moving to my torso and my... um, girls. My hair is silky and growing fast. I LOVE this part of pregnancy. I feel great. After we did the measuring and Doppler, the midwife asked if I needed help getting up. I kind of laughed and declined, stating that I'm pretty ambulatory right now. She said some women, by my stage, are having a hard time.

I actually weigh right now what I weighed right before I got pregnant with Daphne, and I'm definitely in better cardiovascular health than I was when I was 28. This pregnancy has been no more difficult, and, if anything, easier, than my younger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!