Friday, April 18, 2014

The good with the bad

Although there are some negative things that go along with pregnancy (crying at the drop of the hat, the general queasiness and exhaustion of the first trimester, the inability to stay awake later than my preteen child, etc.), I actually really enjoy being pregnant, especially from here on out.

Yesterday, I crossed the half-way mark, so it's gloriously downhill from here. I feel good (still sleepier than usual, but less so); I get to wear loose, comfy clothes; my hair is fabulous; and it's just generally a good time.

My favorite part, though? It's this: You know how sometimes you'll catch a glimpse of yourself in a storefront window or unexpected full-length mirror and even if you try to discipline yourself, you end up critiquing your appearance? I LOVE being able to do that and grin because I look pregnant. Nowhere are there negative thoughts or self-doubts. It's always pleasant. And, because we only have the face-sized mirror in the bathroom, it's also a bit of a surprise. I love it.

I wish I could say I'm beyond caring what the reflection says about my appearance otherwise, but I'm not. Only when I'm expecting do I have the freedom to relish every freakish change my body makes. So I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!