Saturday, April 26, 2014

Gearing up to gear down

The past couple of days have been a (comparative) flurry of activity as we get ready to go on our first family vacation as a family (we did spend a week at the Texas coast back in November 2012, but we were all still new and getting used to each other then).

Yesterday, Daphne and I walked down to The Cutting Room to get her head made over. Here are a few pictures of that.

From April 2014


From April 2014
She has fine hair like I do.


From April 2014
From April 2014
From April 2014

We love it so much! It'll be great for summer and Daphne really liked the hairdresser. Since they're just a block away, we'll be sure to seek her out from now on.

Today has been errands and shopping, getting ready for our morning head-out tomorrow. As soon as I woke up, I rode my bike to the bigger CVS that's further away from our house than our "usual." I got some snacks and a couple of spray/rub-in volumizers for her hair. Then I came home to unload all of that, and then rode down to Austin Urban Vet Center to get cat food. We have plenty, but my mom will be here next week and I didn't want her to have to go, in case the cats decided to go on a snack binge as soon as we left.

Back home, I did our last load of laundry and packed everything that we aren't going to use tonight and in the morning.

James wanted lunch at Cabo Bob's, so all three of us walked up there. I wouldn't have thought of eating there but I'm glad he picked it. I got the salad with crispy fish, and that fish is delicious. Now I kind of want to go back for dinner.

Except that I'm not exercising any more today. When we got home from Cabo Bob's, I rode my bike to our closer CVS because I hadn't realized we were out of trash bags, and also Daphne needed a stabilizer for her thumb. She jammed it when she was a trampoline place for TJ's birthday last week, and I hadn't noticed how swollen it was. Yeesh.

So now, it's nap time then I'll shower and get as ready for tomorrow as possible. I'm going to be up and ready to drive, and I'm probably going to have to wake tired people and make them walk out to the van. I know, it's vacation, but we have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and since I'm driving, I will be ready to go. They can both sleep as much as they want to!

Where are we going? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!