Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Rooby, present and accounted for

This morning at 8, we had our mid-term ultrasound, known as an anatomy scan.

James worked late last night... Well, that's a misnomer. James worked long enough that I texted him that I was going to bed at 10 and woke up and 1:30 with him still not home. His phone had died, but by 2:30 I was able to get him on Google Chat to find out that he was indeed still at work, and then I was able to sleep a little more.

He got home at around 5:00 AM, his very gracious team having let him leave since they knew about our radiology appointment. He got maybe a good hour of sleep before he had to get back up, and we made our way to the medical center.

Just as I was becoming extremely uncomfortable, the tech called us back. She took pictures of everything: 4-chambered heart (160 beats per second), stomach, kidneys, bladder, cord insertion, 3-vessel cord, brain, spine, nose, lips, creepy-ass "orbits" (sorry, kid), and I believe a femur measurement, but it's not labeled. So everything looks good, I suppose, and we don't know the gender. The baby is measuring right on target with my "on paper" dates, which means it's caught up from earlier on, when it was about a week behind.

My friend Lisa had told me to drink some orange juice or something sugary so the Rooby would be up and moving. My mother-in-law suggested drinking ice-cold water while we were there, if the baby was sluggish... but the baby wasn't sluggish. The technician said, "Oh, we're plenty active." We did get to watch it moving around on video, playing with its hands, kicking its legs, and at one point appearing to flash the Longhorns sign.

Today, James and I are both lethargic and groggy, but it was totally worth not making up sleep to see that. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!