Friday, June 18, 2021

Turn Up the Heat

This week, I've spent an inordinate time (to me) at indoor playgrounds. Wednesday, Mal spent just under 5 hours at Indigo Play



Yesterday, it was just under 4 hours at Urban Air. This morning, I told him I was ready to spend the day at home... but guess where we are now? Urban Air. Again. James was going to bring him when he got some outdoors work done, but then I remembered that it's Friday, and big kids come to Urban Air on Friday night. Mal likes to dawdle in the "ultimate warrior" course, and so I figured it'd be better to let him have his fun earlier.



We have a monthly membership at Urban Air, and I highly recommend it. It's about $12 per month, which is cheaper than a single visit. Lately, we've been visiting at least once a week, and often twice or more. I'm trying to prepare Mal that we'll have two weeks after we get the puppy when I need to stay around the house fairly constantly, and I figure it's a good time now to get some of this out of his system!

It rained for weeks, but that stopped and now it's extremely warm. It's hotter now than it was last week, but much of the moisture has evaporated out of the soil, so it doesn't actually feel as nasty as last week did.

Our adjuster came out this week, so we finally have ServPro scheduled to come Monday to give us an estimate for fixing the bathroom ceiling.

Our lawn mower finally got back from vacation and he's coming out tomorrow. I ended up mowing our front yard because it was getting so bad, and in the process found out that our mower battery has degraded significantly in the past two years. It's mostly my fault, for leaving it in the storage shed. I vowed to take better care of the next battery... before I realized that the battery is no longer available. I knew the mower had been discontinued, but good grief. We've had it just over four years! It still works well; why make me buy a new one?

A cool thing about Mal that shows me he's growing up: You might have noticed that in every picture I took of him during the "lockdown" this time last year, he was just wearing underpants. In the past few months, he's gotten more modest, wanting to have clothes on when we have people over, and even when he's spending the day at Nana and Pappy's. Then when D is around (like not asleep, but walking around the house). Now, he gets up every morning, picks out his own clothes (they're hanging up and he's figured out how to get them down), and dresses himself. Today's the first day he's put two things together that just don't "go," but I'm not saying anything. I'm proud of him, and grateful! 

Our dog was born early this week, and we should get to select it on Sunday. It looks like someone who was on the waitlist above us backed out, so we've moved up and are 6th on the list, for a litter of 9 pups.

That's about it for now; I decided to bring my computer to Urban Air today, and I've gotten a few things done... but Mal still wants me to come play with him a lot. The one thing about being away from the house for half of the day is that when I get home, it feels like I have to pack hours worth of work into the couple of hours before I'm ready to start relaxing for the evening. I think, hopefully, than I got everything done I need to get done today before we left, even though it was a last-minute decision to come. 

Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!