Tuesday, May 28, 2013

So. Very. Tired.

Today did not go as expected, so I only got in one nap instead of two. I know, I'm a huge baby. Have I mentioned how far and away better it is to be working at home than it was to be at an office during my first pregnancy? Oh my, it's practically heaven.

This morning, though, I headed over to the Goodyear center to get an oil change and state inspection for James' car. As it turned out, we needed a new air filter, and new tires, and an alignment... Oh, and their website where I set the appointment didn't mention it, but they don't actually do the inspections there; they take the cars next door. So though I had an appointment at Goodyear, I was at the mercy of how busy the inspection station was for when they'd be finished with the car.

Three and a half hours later, I headed home for a two hour break before picking the littlest Brownies up from school as my sister's float trip had started two hours later than they'd planned due to the business owners not knowing what time their shop was supposed to have opened according to THEIR website.

Since I'd worked the entire time I was waiting for the car, I did nap during that down time. I also helped Daphne with her algebra, but after the first few problems, she kept having to wake me up to ask me questions. I'm so blessed that her schooling is pretty much under her own direction now. I mean, she won't do it if I don't tell her to, but once I've told her, she keep the ball rolling herself. She did everything else besides algebra while I was with the car.

Tian and Travis kept me busy for a couple of hours, and I really thought, "I'm too tired to cook dinner." Once I got started, though, it had its own happy momentum... I genuinely adore taking care of my family. Plus, what I made tonight was so good. I happened to switch to the Clean Eating eMeals plan just in time... The food is heavy on fresh fruits and vegetables, and just perfect for my suspect digestive system. I've been very blessed not to be sick yet, only to have mild waves of blehh... But sometimes I can just think about a food and know that there is no way I could eat it. Tonight's meal was a salad made with quinoa, edamame, baby spinach, chopped almonds, a chopped shallot, and then dressing made from white wine vinegar and olive oil. The side dish was cantaloupe with goat cheese and honey. Two salads! Loved it!

Now I'm standing up, killing time before I can conceivably go to bed without waking up at 3 with a stiff/sore/painful leg. Time for Bible story with Daphne!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!