Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Woozy

Today is the first day I've felt a little queasy. I was extremely nauseated for the first three months of my pregnancy with Daphne. Here's hoping it's not quite that bad this time around!

I was very sleepy last night and, even though I knew that I'd regret it, I went to bed at about 9:00 PM. Sure enough, around 4, my body was fatigued from lying down and wanted to get up. As I've promised myself not to dwell on the pre-ruptured-disc days of luxuriating in bed whether tired or not, I'll just apologize to James for all of the tossing and turning between about 2:00 AM until I got up at 6:15. Memo to me to move out to the couch if I can't calm down.

I've had weird dreams the past two nights, and I was really hormonal yesterday. I'm glad I know/remember what to expect so I can try to manage these things around, you know, other humans.

Last night, dinner took longer than I'd expected to make, and I was afraid I'd let James down (he, of course, couldn't care less when dinner is served). He was sweet and made some strawberry banana avocado smoothies to tide us over, then we had an awesome beef Stroganoff and green bean casserole... they were delicious, until I was done, then I was *done*. And so it starts...

James is an introvert, and since we're newly-married, I'm trying to give him the space he needs... and now we get this fun injection of hormones to add to the mix. Yee haw! So last night, after he'd helped with dinner and was just standing there, holding my hand and whatever, while I willed myself to sit on the couch (baby step victories with this sciatic thing), I asked him what was up, and he said he did want some time to himself at some point.

I sent Daphne off for a shower and basically went to bed. I was tired, but I also didn't want to get on the computer and I wasn't able to read: the words were just not penetrating my brain. And since I didn't want to bug James, I slept. Oh, I invited D to come visit with me, but she brought her iPad in and eventually just saw herself to bed.

So, that's the one evening I give myself to pout and indulge in a early bedtime.

Also, though, I didn't take the Gabapentin last night. I'm going to go to bed at a decent time tonight and see if I can make it through the night without being restless. If not, I might get back on it for a while. There's no harm to the baby, though I will have to wean the baby off of it in the future so he/she won't have insomnia later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!