Saturday, August 31, 2019

This is What 47 Looks Like


It me! About mid-way through my birthday yesterday. It was a good day, but, man, it was busy, too!

James worked from home yesterday morning, so we got to chat just a bit before Mal woke up. Mal greeted me with, "Happy birsday, Mom!"

We realized that Aish wasn't feeling well, so I took her to the vet's (for the second time in two weeks) while Mal amused himself at home.

Mal and I went to Rounder's Pizza to meet one of my friends for lunch. I hadn't told her it was my birthday, because she would have done something, and I didn't want her to feel obligated... but she brought Mal a really neat "present." She'd found a very sparkly rock, put it in a square of cloth, and tied it with a ribbon. Mal dug it!

While we were there, the vet called twice, left two incomprehensible voice mails, and then proceeded to prattle on in excess of nine minutes before I hung up on her because I'd only called back during lunch in case there was an emergency. Short version: There isn't, but she had some ideas of things we could do to help Aish be less anxious/more comfortable.

When we got home, I went out to visit the chickens and take snacks, which is when I took the above picture. James was gone because his team at work had scheduled a half-day river "cruise" party boat thing. So I went to pick up Aish after they'd taken some samples for blood work.

After James got home, he, Mal, and I went out for frozen yogurt. It was neat; I had a birthday bonus of a free quart of yogurt, in addition to buy-one/get-one-free.

D had put the chickens up since we were out a bit past sunset. By the time we returned home, D was midway through giving the bedroom a thorough clean, which was an AMAZING gift for me! However, about 2/3 of the way through, D hit a wall. I get it. I finished up while D showered, and then I vacuumed and cleaned the carpets. D did two loads of laundry.

So. Full day!

Then this morning, I got up, fed the cats, and was getting ready to go do the every-other-weekly major cleaning of the chicken coop when Mal woke up about an hour and a half early, with a nosebleed and needing to use the restroom. I almost cried, but fortunately, James was up a lot earlier than usual for a weekend, so he just went and laid down in Mal's room while I did my stuff. They both fell back to sleep.

I had time to shower and dry off a few minutes before Mal woke up for good. James went back to bed, and Mal and I played together for a few hours. I did a load of dishes and finished up a load of laundry.

This afternoon, James took Mal to Little Land. They were gone about three hours, so I had some time to myself. I did refill the hummingbird feeders, and took snacks to the chickens. But otherwise, I just sat on my behind, watched YouTube videos and ate cereal. It was a nice, relaxing break from the busyness of the previous day and a half!

My parents had left me a couple of minis from Nothing Bundt Cake, so we broke into those today. Very tasty! Mal kept telling me "Happy birthday!" before each bite he took. He takes this very seriously.

James has Monday off work, but D still has banjo lessons, so after class, we're going to go out for sushi since James can stay with Mal. It'll be an awesome way to tie up my birthday weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!