Friday, January 31, 2020

Of... Cats and Men. And Women. And Children. Oh, and Mice, too, I Guess.

This evening, I got out to acquire Malcolm some "potato Pringles." This is just regular, original, unflavored Pringles. He calls them "potato-flavored." Because, you know, it's potato sludge. Which is why they have to be called "crisps" instead of "chips," because the chip lobby didn't like that and made sure there was a law. Whew! We're safe.

Anyhoo... I also went to Petco while I was out, because they generously sent me coupons for the very cat food we use. The coupons were: $5 off a bag of dry food at least 13 pounds, buy two/get one free cans, and $3 off of any variety pack of canned food. I got a 13-pound bag, three cans, one 12-can variety pack, a big box of litter, and 2 3-packs of pinkie mice for D's snake. $10 in coupons... and I still spent $91! Our cats have to have urinary tract food because they're old and Aish specifically has issues with getting infections. The vet said just to feed them all the same thing because they're all going to have problems eventually. What I bought... the wet food will last ONE WEEK. The dry food will last a month or more because they only eat that when they're desperate; we free-feed it and they're rarely motivated since we started feeding them the WAY-more-expensive wet food (which we started for Carol, to help her gain weight... she hasn't but Rudy definitely has).

THEN I went to Randall's for the aforementioned crisps. I got 4 cans (2 plain, 2 flavored, on sale if you bought 4); I also bought two boxes of chocolate for the kiddos for Valentine's Day (I'm not always this early, but Russell Stovers was buy one/get one free) and 3 bars of boutique Christmas soap that had been $8 a bar but was 75% off. So the stuff I got for our family was $23. I feel like we're getting fleeced here.

I also don't think the cats realize how great they have it. They start making a LOT of noise around 8 AM if no one's gotten around to portioning out their wet rations yet. Even though they have food available. It's not the *good* food, and they must complain. It's usually mostly Rudy, and sometimes I can quiet him by opening the door so he can get up on the bed and snuggle. However, lately, Carol has accompanied him in and started banging (that cat-swiping they do when they're marking their territory) on the mirrored closet door.

But I love the people who love these cats, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!