Monday, February 19, 2024

Mal and Mom Cruise -- Day 2 -- At Sea

This morning, I woke up a bit later than I meant to, thew on a wind breaker, and made it up on deck just in time for sunrise. We have a balcony, but right now the sunrise is on the other side of the ship. 

I walked around and enjoyed an empty ship, then got back to the room around 7:15, where Mal was just waking up. He got dressed, we found Nana and Pappy in the Princess app, and went to say “Hi” at the International Cafe. Mal and I went to breakfast at the Horizon Court buffet, then went back to meet up with my parents.


We walked to the library where we played some Taboo. At 10, Mal went to Club Discovery to make a T-shirt. I got to read some of my book before it was time to grab Mal. Nana and Mal grabbed a snack and came back to the room while Pappy and I did a Crab Shack pop-up. It’s the only thing on this cruise I’m paying extra for (except the 5-photo package), and it was WORTH IT! So much protein and so good. We had hush puppies, shrimp, oyster chowder in a bread bowl, lobster tail, crab legs, shrimp, muscles and clams (no, thanks), and a dessert. Highly recommend.


Mal was ready to swim, and we spent about an hour and a half out on deck. It was busy, of course, but the DJ was awesome, and Mal instantly got a tan because of the native pigment he definitely did not get from me (his late grandfather was 1/4 Cherokee, so Mal is 1/32 and although he is extremely light-skinned, when he gets in the sun for two minutes, it’s on).


We came back to the room to rest, and I read some more of my book. It was formal night, so I started getting ready an hour before, and somehow 45 minutes was over in 10 minutes! We got down to dinner 15 minutes late, which is something I never ever do (until now), but dinner was great, and Mal looked really cute in his suit.


He and I walked around the ship after we had a few pictures made. We weren’t interested in the Movies Under the Stars show, but it was cool to see the setup. We climbed up to the top deck and saw Orion and appreciated how quiet it is on deck when everyone is either at dinner or at a show.


On Monday, I walked 5.8 miles and ascended 22 flights of stairs.


If you'd like to see the full photo album, click here!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!