Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Quick First...

Something happened today that has never ever happened before.

Mal elected not to take a nap today (that's happened plenty) and was sitting in the living room floor watching videos at about five o'clock. He had his orange wooden chair from his room and had put his laptop up on it. Originally, he was lying with his head in my lap but had moved into the floor for a better view, I guess.

Anyway, at some point, he started banging his head against the edge of the chair. I asked, "What are you doing?!" then realized that he was literally nodding off.

It's the first time he's gone to sleep like that in his life! Not in a car, not boobing, just... doing stuff.

I know that's a normal kid thing, but so far, not for this kid!

I felt so bad for him, but let him sleep about an hour, then tonight he went to sleep just before 10, which is the earliest he's been asleep this week. Think I'll go join him. And his dad. We're a sleepy bunch. The rain is helping. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love to hear from you!